You can download the sources and binaries (released under GPL), from the SourceForge site.
- The stand-alone command line compiler can be run simply by the command line specifying the name of the input file(s); the Java files will be generated in the directory src-gen. E.g.,
java -jar djcompiler-1.0.0.jar File.dj
The jar is self-contained, so no other Java package is required.
- For the installation of the Eclipse plugin for the DeltaJ IDE see the next section (the plugin includes the compiler)
- The source code can be obtained through the SourceForge site
svn co https://deltaj.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/deltaj deltaj
DeltaJ is implemented in Xtext, in particular, using the latest development version. Thus, you need to make sure to have the same version we used for the development (0.7.x is not enough). Here are the steps to have the right version of Xtext:
- Download the eclipse product available from here (the last Helios release) for your operating system, version Xtext 1.0.0RC1, unpack it and run it.
- Now you can install the DeltaJ plugin, either by downloading the zip file and extract it into the eclipse folder, or by using the update site (which we reccomend) as follows:
- Add the update site for DeltaJ, http://deltaj.sourceforge.net/updates
- and select the DeltaJ feature, install it and restart eclipse
Now DeltaJ should be setup and ready, and you can follow the documentation/tutorial.